Section 2 - Aftermath
Tactical Support Operative Grade 3, Directorate of Operations, Section 2
- Name: Simon Anthony Keenan
- Nationality: United States
- Political Affiliation: Democrat
- Education: MS, University of Puget Sound
- DOB: 3-12-1949
- DOD: -
- Known Parahuman Abilities: Keenan is a potent psychometric talent, capable of “reading” the psychic signatures of objects and people. With a touch he can learn far more about an item’s history or a person’s history than he probably really wants to know. He commonly wears gloves.
Keenan trained as a forensic investigator, ultimately establishing his career and reputation with the Tacoma police department. His Talent manifested as the result of a particularly gruesome triple murder in the Hilltop neighborhood that left hardly any evidence. By this time, Keenan had become thoroughly disenfranchised with the corruption in Tacoma’s political and police hierarchies and the lack of funding for proper equipment. His frustration boiled over while confronting his superior and he suddenly found himself overwhelmed by the psychic impressions in the victim’s shirt he was holding (and brandishing at his superior officer).
His Talent insight cracked the crime, but without actual hard evidence aside from Keenan’s testimony as a Talent the perpetrator went free. It would seem that Tacoma juries didn’t trust the word of a Talent with no supporting evidence. Keenan was approached by a Section 2 recruiter a week later and didn’t hesitate to sign up with an agency not bound up in inconvenient rules.